Comedy movie go'ers delight...

Just got back from watching Rush Hour 3 at the theatre. Who said sequels cannot be as good as the first? In my humble opinion Rush Hour 3 easily ties the first Rush Hour the only advantage being the first had the element of surprise.

The writer's did a nice job tying the plot to the original movie. The plot is very basic but flows nicely. The stunts were fast moving, fantastic and mostly believable. A few of them went over the edge but nothing like MI3 or the Die Hard series, which to me were still good movies for different reasons. Sometimes you just want to veg at a movie and not have to think about anything.

Back to Rush Hour 3, get ready to laugh, laugh, laugh. Chris Tucker carries the whole movie and does a great job at it! Kudo's to you Chris, what a great comeback. He's put on a few pounds but can still move about the scene agilely. This is no Academy Award winning performance like Eddie Murphy should have received for his astounding Dream Girls performance but Chris Tucker really shows his versatile skills.

Jackie Chan does a good job as well. He helps to balance out Tucker's wild and crazy antics and keeps them from crossing the line (like much of Martin Lawerences' work) from funny to just plain stupid. It's all about timing and balance. The Chan and Tucker team definitely have both in this hilarious sequel.

The asian cast had quite a few veteran actors. Hiroyuki Sanada from The Last Samurai and Youki Kudoh from Memoirs of a Geisha.

The enormous international success of the Rush Hour series began in 1998 with Rush Hour and then the sequel Rush Hour 2 was released in 2001. According to Box Office Mojo, combined these two movies have grossed over $350 million dollars domestically.

My theatre was packed and the general mood felt like most of the movie goers enjoyed the flick. The movie itself is nicely compacted into 87 minutes so you're not sitting there so long you start to wonder why you came out. If you like comedies this is a must see. Even with a weak plot it's still remains very funny.

Below is one of the funniest dialogs presented in the movie:

Dojo Master: May I Help You?

Detective James Carter: I'll be asking the questions old man. Who are you?

Dojo Master: Yu.

Detective James Carter: No not me you!

Dojo Master: Yes I'm Yu!

Detective James Carter: Are you deaf?

Dojo Master: No Yu is blind!

Detective James Carter: I'm not blind, you blind

Dojo Master: That is what I just said.

Detective James Carter: You just said what?

Dojo Master: I did not say what, I said Yu.

Detective James Carter: That's what I'm asking you!

Dojo Master: And Yu is answering.

Detective James Carter: Shutup!

Detective James Carter: You!

Dojo Master: Yes?

Detective James Carter: Not You, Him! What's Your name?

Dojo Student: Mi.

Detective James Carter: Yes You!

Dojo Student: I'm Mi.

Dojo Master: He's Mi and I'm Yu.

Detective James Carter: And I'm about to whoop your old ass man because I am sick of playing games!

Get out and show some love for Rush Hour 3 this weekend. I'm betting this blockbuster will do quite nicely again at the box office.

0 comments